First, a look at why the Ark was built:
- God told Noah that He was going to destroy EVERY living thing because the people on earth had become so wicked;
- Only Noah found favor in the eyes of God;
- God told Noah that He would bring flood waters to destroy the earth;
- It had NEVER rained on earth up until that time;
- God instructed Noah on how to build the ark;
- God instructed Noah to bring 2 of every animal with him on the ark;
- Because Noah found favor with God, God was going to use the Ark to save Noah and his family, and repopulate the earth through them;
Following are some of the things that we can learn from Noah's Ark:
- Every living thing on the earth was destroyed by the flood;
- God provided Noah with the means to survive - the Ark;
- God told Noah to 'come in' not 'go in' to the Ark. This indicated that God would be with Noah during the flood;
- For those outside of the Ark, we can imagine that they tried all ways and means to try and save themselves from the flood waters - but they were unsuccessful;
- From this we can conclude that those who are outside of the protection of God, will in the end, suffer the same consequences of those outside of the Ark - and will ultimately be doomed to die.
- On our own, regardless of what we do, without God, we will experience death or eternal separation from God.
There is only one BIG question left to answer...